Wow, I haven't updated in almost 5 months! That's terrible. We've had so much happen these last 5 months, and we've been sooo busy!! Well, we moved to Las Vegas, and it's been a lot of fun so far. My mom, dad, and Ange came down and helped us move in and it was a really fun--but it was kinda a bitter/sweet weekend too. That Sunday, Chris and a couple of friends came down and spent a few days with us. We drove to Cali to go to a Dodger's game with Brandon's work. We played at the beach during the day (the water was FREEZING) and went to the game that night. We got to go on the field and got pretty good seats--it was a super fun night!
Trent Edwards threw the opening pitch, and I asked him for a picture after
That next Wednesday I started my first day of school. The first 2 days were Orientation. I was pretty nervous! It turned out to be fine though-I met some of my now-really good friends, and I found out that a friend from BYU was in my class!
Our class was definitely put to work right away, but we've managed to do some fun things in between studying! Bran, me and two of my friends from school (Chad and Han) went hiking in Red Rock Canyon. It's only about 5 minutes away from where we live. It was beautiful! We'll definitely be back there.
Also, our class got to go to "Let's Make a Deal" starring Wayne Brady. It was a pretty tiring night, but it was SO fun. Everyone in the audience has to be in a costume. I got back from Utah late the night before, and so I just grabbed what I had in my closet! I dressed in pj's and bought a binki and went as a baby. (boring I know) On the other hand, Marissa came dressed as road kill. Pretty creative!! We stayed for two recordings so we'll be on TV sometime. I seriously talked myself into thinking I was totally going to win something...of course I didn't, but a few people in my class did! Chad won $2000 and a four-wheeler, Adam won a whole new living room set, and a few other people won $100.
Brandon has been traveling like a mad man. Between going to Utah for work and his fun "boys trips", he's been gone quite a bit. I think he's ready to be done for a while! Above, he and some friends went to San Diego to watch the Dolphins play the Chargers.
The above picture here, he and some other friends went to Miami to watch the Dolphins play the Jets, and below, he went with they boys in his family to the BYU-Oklahoma game. I love this picture! This is right when Oklahoma missed the field goal. Boys will be boys!
Meanwhile, I've been super busy doing this. This is my life! Some of you have been asking about my schedule. Usually this is my typical day: I wake up around 5:30 to get to school early to study. We usually have school until 3:00. I meet Bran at the gym afterwards, we do dinner and then I study until 9 or 10. Then I go to bed and do it all over again! It's been pretty crazy, but I think I'm finally adjusted to just making this my routine. I'm learning a lot and really really love it!
I finished my first semester and am so happy it's over! I had to take a picture of all of my notes and notecards from the first session-glad it's over with! The first session is mostly the "science" session. We had the main class- Human Science. It has biochemistry, physiology, anatomy, and neuroscience included in it. Then we had US health care systems, radiology, PA roles, immunology, and an ethics class. The next session starts to get more clinical, so I'm excited for it to start!
We've also had some friends and family come down to see us, but I don't have pictures from them! My dad came down and spent a weekend with me while Bran was gone. He was so sweet. He seriously just sat next to me and read while I studied all weekend. I love my dad! Also, Ange, Austin, Alissa and Adam came down too for a weekend. It was so fun to see them--I love love them. We also had Danny, Kasey and their 2 cute boys come down, Mike and Pauline have come down twice, and Ty and Dani came down while Ty was interviewing for Touro's DO program! It's always so fun to see familiar faces. We love living in Las Vegas, but also really miss our family and friends. We're so thankful for all the love and support!
.jpg)






18 comments:
So glad we got to see you two! Keep up the studyedge. We love you.
Oh it looks like you've been able to squeeze in some fun. I know you've been so so busy. You're amazing. You work so hard!! We miss you up here.
yay! an update! your pile of notes and note cards is insane! you're doing great, keep it up.
Wow.. can't say that I'm jealous of that stack of paper - I have writers cramp just thinking about it!! ..you'll have to keep it all for your kids someday.. it'll be your "I walked uphill BOTHY WAYS in the snow story! lol. YAY you for being such a trooper and having fun along the way!!! ;)
Wow, you have been busy!! looks like you are doing great, and still having some fun through it all.
I can NOT believe how BUSY you are!!! Oh my goodness.. you go girl! How SMART are you?!? YOu're soooo cute! I miss ya girl. One of my best friends took Brittnay's bridals a few days ago & LOVED her. :] She posted a few pics on her photography blog. http://aubphotography.blogspot.com/ Keep up the good work, glad you're doin well. :]
You blogged! I can't believe it. I hope you are living it up! :)
Sounds like life is good. Congratulations on the success. We miss you guys.... hope to see you sometime soon.
what the h.e. double hockey sticks - you posted!!!!!!!!! shocked to the bone I am hahahahahahah!! OHHHHHH my gosh those papers and note cards are CRAAAAAAAAAAAZY! You are honestly amazing. Cute pictures too - I haven't seen any of those. Perfect catch up post. Hope you are having soooo much fun in Aruba.
PS Can't wait for THANKSGIVING! Oh and we voted on family picture last night. I'll send it over so you can see it ok.
You guys have been so busy!!! So glad to see a post from you! It was so good to see you guys it's never a dull moment when we are with the crew! Hope you are have a ball(which i am sure you are) in Aruba! So jealous!
I'm so sorry to ask, but I'm kind of out of the loop... what are you in school for? It looks way hard whatever it is!
doesn't it stink to move? I haven't posted anything new because I think I'm still sad about leaving.
We miss you guys! So fun to hear you are alive!!
Hey! how are you guys? I love keeping in touch with friends over the blog world. I am really jealous of you guys at the beach, i havent been in over a year and i'm having withdrawls!
Wow! I love the update!!! You are so freaking amazing!! I could never do what you're doing!! How's your little puppy? How do you spell her name?! Can't wait to see you in a couple weeks!! We'll get to have lots of fun! Keep up the good wokr! LOVE YOU!
Holy cow girl, do you have enough note cards! I'm glad you're loving PA school! I love grad school simply because everything i'm learning (well, almost everything) fits into what i'll be doing as a profession.
I almost gave up checking your blog because it has been so long :) but I knew you would come through for me eventually and have faithfully continued to stalk! BUSY! BUSY! BUSY! You are awesome- that stack is way too intimidating for me :) Hope we can play this next week-we miss you guys! Love ya-
Ummmmmmm.....HI!!!! I MISS YOU, I MISS YOU, I MISS YOU!!! What the heck?? Did you come here and not see us? Did I say that I MISS YOU!!
"Catch you on the flip side Miss-Linds"!!
Okay....TIME to start blogger about a litte tummy. Something!! 2009? Really? LOVE YOU!!
Post a Comment