Tuesday, April 28, 2009

New Orleans

Wow, I sure am on the ball aren't I? Here are our New Orleans pics. It was such a cool place to see. Our first night there, we lost track of time while we were sitting in the hot tub. We got out at 11:00 or so, and still hadn't eaten dinner. Well, it was all good...we were in the "Big Easy" so there had to be some restaurants open. We went straight to Bourbon Street. Holy Cow!! That place put the Vegas strip to shame!! We were definitely wide-eyed walking down that street.

Up on the balconies, there were lines of endless guys with beads dropping them down to girls to come up. It was so crowded that you could barely walk, Bianca saved me from getting ran over, there was Jazz music coming from all of the Blues Bars, and there were even constables up on horses checking out the streets. It was such a fun night!
We were STARVING, and we found a cafe that we couldn't help but go back to the next 2 days we were there. It was called Cafe Beignet. First of all, have you ever had beignets??? They're scones with powdered sugar on them, and they're just divine.
We felt right at home with the Jazz Bands
Our second day there, Bran and I treated ourselves to Shula's Steakhouse. Best steak I've ever had. We couldn't afford sides along with the expensive steak, so we split a Rib Eye, and it was soooo good. We decided we wanted a dessert, so we ended up getting this amazing moulten cake...
Good thing it ended up being $16...so much for being conservative! (It was worth it though=)
Our last morning there, we went and explored the French Quarter. It's the COOLEST place. It made me really want to go to Europe. Bran bought a Saints shirt...it was only appropriate right??
Haha I missed a spot on my face with sunscreen. Can you see the finger marks? Then part of my skin started peeling, so my face was just multicolored. Bran thought it would be funny to take a picture.
Beautiful french balconies
Cute trolley
Here's our last picture in New Orleans together. What a fun trip! It would have been the best to go to a Hornets vs. Jazz game while we were there, but you can't have everything =)

9 comments:

Bianca said...

good food is usually a good splurge:) at least we think so anyway... keep up the posting, ok??

Andrea Ingersoll said...

two posts in two days in unbelievably great. Good work. BOURBON street? HHHAHAHa

Tasty Tidbits said...

My parents went to New Orleans for the Sugar bowl this year and they told me all about Bourbon street! That's funny that you got to experience it too! But how fun! I just love traveling and seeing new places. It really opens you up to the world, it's wonderful. We are going to be doing some fun traveling this year too! It's the best.

Gabe, Melissa, and Jace said...

What a fun vacation! You guys are always going on fun trips. New Orleans looks like a lot of fun! I had no idea it was such a big city. Hope to see you soon!

Larissa Chase said...

Aloha Miss Lindsay! Thanks for finding us. I did not even know that you guys had a blog either. You guys are so cute. We miss you guys. How is everything going? What are you up to? I am so glad that we can keep in touch now!

Cher said...

love the french balconies.

Anonymous said...

Ha ha, I did the same thing to Lynns back with the sunscreen and he had the weirdest burn right in the middle. Looks f-u-n!

Kasey said...

looks like you guys had a blast! When do we get to join the vaca group? :) hope you are doing great! talk to ya soon!

Sarah Turpin said...

I just wanted to stop and see what you are up to. We miss all the Egens. It all happened so fast. I love the pics. and we heard you are moving here to vegas.. or maybe you are here already... I am happy for you. Keep in touch.