I'm sure most of you have already heard about this through Chel and Ange's blogs, but I also wanted to talk a little bit about my Uncle Jay. For those of you who don't know what happened, I'll tell it all in a nutshell. Early last Wednesday morning, Jay was disappointed after missing the phone call from his son, Riley, who had recently called from the airport on his way to Sweden on an LDS mission, and headed to the mountains of Tooele County to find solace where he and his oldest boy had shared countless treks. He was supposed to only be gone for the day, but never returned. Search parties started looking early Friday morning. The area was very big and incredibly dangerous. He was found about 11:00 AM on Saturday. He had fallen about 60 feet off a steep cliff. He must have fallen within a half hour of when he started hiking because he was only 1/2 mile from his car, and his water and food hadn't been touched. They said he died immediately, and didn't suffer, which is a big comfort to his family and loved ones. Jay left an amazing wife Marcie, and 6 adorable kids behind. They're all being amazingly strong, and have been strengths to everyone around them. Bran and I were on vacation while all of this happened, but we're grateful we made it back in time for his viewing and funeral. It was a wonderful service. Marcie and all of the kids said a little something about Jay. We all love and will miss him. I just wanted to tell Marcie and the kids how much I love them and how proud I am of them! It's so great to know that everything will be okay, and that they will see their dad and husband again through the sealing power of eternal families. Thank you to everyone who has prayed and supported the Adamson family! 

We love you guys!
.jpg)






3 comments:
I LOVE THAT PICTURE OF HIM AND CHELS AND MARCIE. ALL OF THEM LOOK SO HAPPY.
I'm glad you made it back in time for the viewing and everything too! I wish you could have been there with us on Saturday at Marcie's house. We all missed you. Sorry this had to all happen the weekend you guys were on a sweet vacation! I hope you had a good time at Marcie's last night, too! Oh and by the way - I met big Ed at John's Auto something in AF today. What a funny guy! Hopefully he'll get a good deal on a car - since we know you and Brandon he loves us!
K that was such a sweet tribute! I'm so sorry to hear about the whole thing. :(
Post a Comment