Saturday, October 11, 2008

My dear mother AND great-grandmother

My sweet great grandma, "Bestegrandma" passed away on September 25. She was 103 years old, and passed away in her sleep from Conjestive Heart Failure. I'm so glad that I was able to know her as long as I did! Bestegrandma was born in Norway in 1905. She came to Salt Lake City, Utah with the missionaries when she was twelve years old with her little sister. She was married to her sweet Ingvald Olsen (who also came from Norway) when she was 19 years old. She has 2 children, 6 grandchildren, 24 great-grandchildren, and 7 great-great-grandchildren who all loved her very much.




I have 2 very favorite memories of Bestegrandma. First- everytime she saw us, she would hug each one of us individually and say, "Jeg elsker deg!" This means "I love you!". She was the most loving lady I have ever met, and not one of us doubted that she loved us. Second- every Christmas we would go visit her and she would make us an amazing Norweigian dessert called Krumkake. It's the best dessert ever, and is something I'll carry on to have with my kids every Christmas!
I'm so lucky to have had Bestegrandma be apart of my life for 23 years! Jeg elsker deg!
.
.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM
This past week was my Mom's Birthday. We went to Olive Garden with the fam to celebrate. For any of you who know my mom, know that she is practically perfect in every way! She's so sweet, selfless, hardworking, spiritual, funny, and so much more...plus she looks like she is 20 years old! We love you Mom!











Thanks for all the pics Ange!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Yeah I'm glad you updated! I love those posts abotu 2 awesome ladies! I hope you're feeling better soon! See ya tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

That is really neat that you got to know your Great-Grandmother for that long, it sounds like she was a very loving person ( and very pretty even in her old age). Your pictures of your family are so cute. That is so fu when you can get your whole family together, especially when it gets as big as yours!

Mark and Mel said...

Hey Linz, that's a very sweet post about Bestegrandma and your mom. We'll always have good memories of Bestegrandma!

Jana said...

This is quite a coincidence... I actually have a German great-great grandmother, Bedstemor (which I'm assuming is where Bestegrandma came from). She was also born in 1905 and just passed away earlier today. I can totally understand how special she was to you. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Bianca said...

hiiiii. i miss you too! and regarding your last post.... we are going to have so many adventures i can't even wrap my little head around it i'm so excited. so just get ready. we are great travel buddies. xoxox

Tasty Tidbits said...

Lindsay! I'm so happy to see that you guys have a blog! It took me forever to make one, but I've decided they are a great way to keep in touch with people and see what everyone is up to! :) I love your family! It really is too bad that we don't see each other more often. But at least we have this type of stuff to keep us in touch. :)