Like I said in my last post, we went to Cancun with Maughans over Thanksgiving...well most of them. We missed you Britt, Court, and Travis! The weather was perfect, and we of course had a blast. The first day, we just had a "chill" day from a long day of traveling the day before. Somehow, I aligned all of the pictures on different sides of the screen. I don't know how I did it, but I don't want to go back and change it!
Check out this pool. It looks like we're right next to the ocean, but it's really a big drop off to the ocean. Pretty cool!
It looks like we're sitting right in the ocean!
Here we are in front of our hotel. We stayed at the Marriott Casa Magna
That night, we went and ate sushi. This picture cracks me up. It was Chris's first time ever trying sushi. He was like gagging in this picture. Watching him, it made me sick! I couldn't swallow my food either, so we were both sitting there grossing each other out even more. The second day, we did a "Jungle Tour". Unfortunately, we couldn't take our camera with us, because there was no way to keep it dry. We took "mexican jet skiis" on a trail through their jungle, to a coral reef where we snorkeled. After that, we went back to the pool to hang out.
.JPG)
.JPG)
These (above and below) are pictures from our hotel to the beach. It was fun having them so close. Pool + Ocean = Perfection.
The third day, we went to Isla Mujeres. Our tour boat was CRAZY...and that's just an understatement. I definitely experienced some culture shock!
Here we are right when we got on the boat...
All of the sudden our tour guides started dancing like crazy...
And they made me sing. On the way to the island, the tour boat wasn't too bad-yet.

Here we are pointing to a big ole' iguana. They were everywhere.
Chris at the look-out point, and Mike and Pauline
Right off of the dock, they let us swim, and hold a shark...seriously. I was scared to death. Somehow they tamed it?? One of these days in the news we're going to hear about this baby attacking some one.
It was pretty cool though
Bran and I kayaked while we were there
Just chillin
Lil' man

Now here's our way back on the tour boat:
Tequila madness! They went around to everyone on the boat to see how much tequila they could chug in one swallow. Our whole boat was sooooooooo drunk. Girls were giving bootie dances, a tour guide dressed up as a girl-then hit on the guys, people making out, and everyone dancing like crazy! I wish we would have gotten more pictures!
This guy was the funniest guy ever. He dressed up in this mexican outfit, but was doing Irish Dancing??

Here we are right when we got on the boat...
All of the sudden our tour guides started dancing like crazy...
And they made me sing. On the way to the island, the tour boat wasn't too bad-yet.
When we arrived on the island, we drove a little golf cart to an awesome look out point. Check out that view!


Here we are pointing to a big ole' iguana. They were everywhere.
Chris at the look-out point, and Mike and Pauline
Right off of the dock, they let us swim, and hold a shark...seriously. I was scared to death. Somehow they tamed it?? One of these days in the news we're going to hear about this baby attacking some one.
It was pretty cool though
Bran and I kayaked while we were there
Just chillin
Lil' man

Now here's our way back on the tour boat:
Tequila madness! They went around to everyone on the boat to see how much tequila they could chug in one swallow. Our whole boat was sooooooooo drunk. Girls were giving bootie dances, a tour guide dressed up as a girl-then hit on the guys, people making out, and everyone dancing like crazy! I wish we would have gotten more pictures!
This guy was the funniest guy ever. He dressed up in this mexican outfit, but was doing Irish Dancing??


.jpg)






18 comments:
ok I started cracking up with the mother-in-law joining in on the YMCA! I'm glad you guys joined in on the drunkard fun. I for sure would have been annoyed with booty dancing girls. Glad you guys decided to join them! I mean, you were stuck on a boat with them afterall. and on vacation. Looks fun. And I can't see you in a few photo's because you dissappear you're so skinny.
Our trips to Cancun are like identical, except we didn't take any mexican jetskis through the jungle. You should go back and check out my posts. The water is sooo blue it is unbelievable. The Marriot there is right next to The Palace (the place we stayed at). On Island Mujeres we held the shark too. It has no teeth, by the way :) All your pictures are sooo cute. It looks like it was fun. I love that you sang on the boat... I would NEVER!!! And that sushi pic with you and Chris is hilarious!
PS-everything on your blog looks like it is set up right to me?
love the pics. looks so fun! i wish we did that for thanksgiving!
Wow it looks sooo beautiful there. I want to go!! That tour bus looked crazy I can't believe they were all drunk that is hilarious. I can't believe you got to hold a shark, way cool!!
Looks like you guys had a GREAT time! You need to call me when you have a sec and tell me all about it! Love ya! Cand
you are such a babe.
i'm so glad i have you for motivations and b.f.f.-ness
ok see you later, and stop throwing up.
bfran
This post was cracking me up! I would have been really scared to touch a shark. And the crazy drunk people... hahaha. That picture you took of the huge wave is really good!
hilarious. I love you holding the shark. I swear those scary iguanas are EVERYWHERE in Mexico and they are so huge. I'm officially jealous of you guys. I want to go to Mexico!
wow, so beautiful! i love the pool by the beach, that's perfect for me. i hate sharks, i would NEVER get in that water. and i've never been to cancun. can you believe it? maybe that should be our next trip, it looks like it was awesome! i wish you had pics from your jungle tour, sounds fun. anyway, great post!
I am SO jealous! Those pics are AMAZING! The water is so blue it looks like a post card! Did you get a new camera? The colors look so good!
I am so down to play! Lets do it!
How fun! I'm so jealous! It looks so beautiful.
Awesome pics! Glad you guys had a great time. I can't get over the beauty of that water!
Not fair! I am seroiusly so jealous. What a fun thanksgivig..I am going to put in a request to do that next year! Hope you guys are doing great!
so, I found another way to try to communicate with you since phones are just not our thing! haha!! K, so freakin fun! I wish i could've been on the crazy boat! It's so weird to be freezing cold and looking at you guys swimming in the ocean-it's beautiful! your blog is addicting when you start looking at it, even though i don't know half the people i still have to read and look at their pic's.
Linz those are some awesome pictures! It looks so beautiful there and tons of fun! I LOVE the sushi pick! haha - thinking about you and chris grossing each other out is hilarious! Good luck with finishing school this week! :)
Sharks? You've got to be kidding me, I would have freaked out!!! That looks so fun....I can't wait for Utah and lunch with you. We so need to get together. Would you mind posting your email address for me on my blog??? I will let you know when I'm in town.
That sushi picture is hilarious! The water is GORGEOUS! wow! How fun! I'm so jealous. You look UNREAL in your swim suit too.. :]
man haha we never talk! Im like what she went to cancuN! HAH. Looks like fun. You make me want to go tanning!
Post a Comment