Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Cancun: Days 4-6

It's taken me forever to get these up- and I still have all of our Christmas pics too! I've gotta get on the ball. Well here are our last three days in Cancun. On Thanksgiving, we started out with some para sailing. It was soooo fun. I was pretty freaked out, because I'm scared of heights, but I would definitely do it again...and again. Bran and I went first and we took the camera up with us. We have so many pictures, so I just chose a few.

It was kinda scary because we were just sitting in this seat, with nothing strapping us in. I was like, "There are no seat belts?!" I was seriously holding onto the bars for dear life while we were up there.






Mike and Pauline went next.
Here they are on their way up....up...up
Hold your breath for this one...Bran and I got to go AGAIN for FREE. Chris had no one to go with, so they let Bran and me go up again. Yay!
When they bring you back down, they have you "free fall" and hit the water. That's the best part of the whole thing!

Then when they bring you into the boat, you slam into the back of it. It's a rough ride!
After para sailing, we went and played at the beach some more. Brandon's dad was at our hotel while we were down at the beach. He looked out, and took a picture while Chris and Bran were in the ocean. Look at this picture-- if you look at it closely, you can see Bran and Chris both catching this wave. It's soo sweet!

That night, Mike was set on eating at an authentic Mexican restaurant. We were all a little iffy since our stomachs had already been in knots. We got recommendations from a lady at our hotel, and we set off to find this place. We found it, and we parked in a dark alley way to walk to our little Mexican place. (Are you visualizing it??) We walk in, and the three hostesses pretty much attack us, and start dressing us in all of their Mexican clothes, have us pose, and take a picture of us. Then they sit us down, and Mike shows them the coupons the lady from the hotel gave him. Um...we were at the WRONG SPOT!
We had no idea if this place was safe, but we decided we were already there, and we just needed to stop being babies and eat up. Well, it turned out being a fun and memorable night. The boys loved their food, and Pauline and I begged to differ with our questionable enchiladas. (Yep, that proved to be true the next morning for Pauline and me-- it was not fun...)

The restaurant was a little like our tour boat from the last post. Everyone was drunk and dancing. We could not even get our waiter's attention because he was up dancing with the rest of the people! We finally got his attention, and were waiting for our check. Pauline and I were waiting in the front because we were REALLY ready to go at this point. We hear some noise outside, and what do you know?? Our whole restaurant is dancing down the street holding balloons, and walking in a line! It was the funniest thing I have ever seen. It turned out to be a fun Thanksgiving Dinner =)

The next day, we went to Xel-Ha, which is a natural lagoon. On our way there, we stopped at Talum, some ancient ruins. They were soooo cool. I could go on and on about our experience, but just take my word for it- and GO if you are ever in Cancun. And be sure and ask for Mosiah as your tour guide!
Here's a watch tower. This is the first place the Spaniards came. So cool!
At Xel-Ha, we didn't get many pictures because we didn't have our camera with us. We got a couple of cute ones of Bran and Chris snorkeling though! Like I said, this was a natural Lagoon. It's not stocked, fish just come in and out of here as they please. We didn't know this while we were snorkeling, and saw a huge sting ray. We chased it and everything to see where it was going. We're lucky he didn't turn and stab us. We talked to a man who said at about 7 that morning, he saw a 6-foot barracuda in there. Ahh! It was awesome. They also had cliff jumping, and rope swinging. It was a fun day!


Because we had such a great experience at Talum, we decided we HAD to go to Chichen Itza. It was soooo cool...once again. This pyramid is one of the seven wonders of the world. It's so cool. We got an LDS tour guide, which made everything unreal. They say this is where they think King Benjamin gave his famous address. Sweet huh?
There were two thousand of these pillars with warrior's faces on them. They say it was a memorial to the two thousand strippling warriors.

This was their baptismal font. Chichen Itza was so awesome. I have a million pictures from there, but it would take all day posting them and explaining them. Once again, just go there if you get the chance!


Our last day in Cancun! We wanted to get a couple of pictures from our pool. Check out the water in these two pictures. It's so beautiful.


So long, farewell Cancun!

9 comments:

jayni & ben said...

Um.. you are the cutest thing ever!!! So stinkin skinny and so tan. What a fun trip. I want to go somewhere.

Lori said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lori said...

OKAY--that looks fun. I'm thinking maybe I can come next time?

Woods said...

So jealous!! You are so spoiled! It looks like you had a blast!

Jen said...

wow, you are so adventurous!!! haha, that is so funny you ended up in the wrong restaurant. the water looks gorgeous in all of those pictures. GREAT post! :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Harmony said...

so so so jealous! you guys look you had so much fun!

cherilyn said...

you're really making me want to go to cancun, it looks so beautiful. not now with a new baby any day of course, but sometime sooner than later.

Michelle said...

I'm so jealous you went parasailing! I hope to be able to go sometime! And I love all the Mayan pics! It's cool to see all the pictures of the stuff you were telling us the other night! Glad you had fun! :):)