Sunday, July 6, 2008

MONSTER post!

Okay, just a warning--this post is going to be huge! I'm going to give you our Newport Beach trip in a nutshell...believe it or not! Our grandparents have a time share with Marriott and so we stayed in these Marriott Villas. They were so nice!

The first couple of days we spent a lot of time visiting different beaches. We went to Newport, Huntington, and Laguna. Huntington was by far the best. Here are some pics from there:
Me and Er
Ash and Gracie were such troopers all week!



Brandon is a fish when it comes to the ocean. He can't get enough of it- here he is just about to catch a wave!
Matt and bran looking for sand crabs

I love this pic...isn't Gracie's little beach dress so cute?

Here's Newport Beach. We came here our first night in right as the sun was setting. We got the CUTEST pictures with Ange's camera but it got stolen the next day! It's ok, we still got some cute ones.

This is the most adorable picture of Ash. She LOVED the ocean. She's obsessed with Orca whales. Ange was explaining to her that the Orcas lived here, and she was like, "Well lets go and meet them!" We spent the whole trip making Orca sounds because she was SURE one would swim up and meet us. Guess we weren't loud enough?

We're all searching for crabs to catch...Bran caught one!
Bran, Matt, and Austin


Dad, Gracie, and Mom. Gracie was pretty scared of the ocean at first so they had to stay far away from the water the first few minutes. We didn't get any pics of Laguna Beach because they were all on Ange's camera that got stolen. Sad!
DODGERS GAME. One of the funnest things we did was go to a Dodger's Game. I love that atmosphere! Bran was so excited to try a "Dodger Dog"...I kept asking what was different between a Dodger dog and any other hot dog. I never got a full answer...I guess it's the name brand of "Dodger"








Full family picture. (Except we're missing Matt Cannon because he had to stay home and work. We missed you Matt!)



Erika, her friend Brandon, and Ash on the way to the Dodger game. (Brandon lives in Cali)
Gotta love it!


The pool at the Villas was so nice! We spent quite a bit of time there...
My dad is so funny. This was his look all trip while trying to read his book. He just needs to get prescription sunglasses don't ya think?

SEA WORLD
We spent a day at Sea World. It turned out to be SOOO fun! I loved it. Thanks Mom and Dad!


Chel and Ash
Ange and Aust

Ashely and Austin were buddies all day. She was Dora and Austin was Diego...Brandon joined in later and was Swiper. ha ha

Shamu show


Ash finally got to "meet" her Orca!
The boys went down and sat in the soak zone for the Shamu show. I love this picture!
We got to feed and pet the dolphins. It was so cool! It's weird because when you touch them, they don't even feel wet. They are the cutest things ever.

Seeing the dolphins


This is pretty cheesy but you've gotta do it when you have a chance right?

The dolphin show was my favorite show. They're trained so well. They did a skit where you think a family is just helping out but the mom really is a trainer. She fell in the tank and everyone was freaking out. We all totally fell for it!

At the dolphin show

Better watch out...we have some gangsters on the loose
LAS BRISAS
Our last night of vacation, my parents took us to an amazing Mexican/Seafood restaurant called Las Brisas. It was to die for. While we were waiting to be seated, we managed to take some pics with the beautiful ocean view

The End

8 comments:

Bianca said...

yes! i'm so glad you've finally posted everything! what a trip! we missed you guys obviously--i totally fell for that skit at the dolphin show too, i was screaming when the mom fell in the water. such a sucker. can't wait to see you!

bkjones said...

Wow what a trip! So I think that we need to plan a huge friend trip sometime this summer! You two are so cute. That is funny about the dolphin show because they did that same skit last summer and we all totally fell for it! Lets play soon!

Kelli Schwarz said...

SOOO fun! I want to go to the beach so bad! There is something about playing in the sand and ocean....it's amazing!!

Andrea Ingersoll said...

Oh...I love your new post. A little late, but much better than mine. I think i add way too much information-- i liked how you did it & thanks for the pics of Las Brisas

Michelle said...

You got some pretty cute pictures that I hadn't even seen! Love it! You guys always look so cute!

Harmony said...

you guys look like you had so much fun! i love sea world every time i go i want to just drop everything and become a dolphin trainer. ha ha i think every girl does. thats so cool you guys all went together family vacations are the best.

Britt said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! Jeez were you there for a month or what you guys did so much! But you got really good pictures, we visited Rich's brother there last yr at this time and we went to Sea World and I think I had more pictures of the freaking dolphins and Shamu than of us! Dont you just love it there?!? Hopefully if all goes well we will be living there next year! Heaven!

The Chappells said...

linz you guys always take the best pictures and make me wish i was a member of the Egan clan!! I LOVE IT!!!