Sunday, June 22, 2008

Newport Adventure

We are in Newport Beach with my family! We're having a blast...now. You're never going to believe how it all began. Well we decided to drive with Ang and Aust, and we wanted to rent a car so neither of us had to rack the miles up. We get all packed up, picked Bran up at work and headed to the car rental place. We got there and...THEY WERE CLOSED. They closed 10 minutes before we got there! Brandon felt so bad because he had made the reservation and everything. He was like, "Ok guys, we all get a strike right?? That was my strike!" Anyway, because we were all packed up and already in Provo--our only option was to take our tiny two door civic. The only problem was that we REALLY needed to get new tires. They were as bald as could be. So we had to make a detour to Costco. Yeah...we were there for 2 hours hanging out! It was quite eventful though. We stalked the cookie sample girl, read magazines, watched everyone walk by and listened to their conversations...then judged them, and Austin bought like 2 pounds of candy! Here are some pictures of our eventful day...





It actually turned out to be pretty funny day-- just making memories right???? We ended up staying in Vegas last night to split the trip up a little. We stayed at Bran's Uncle David's house. Well so much for Bran's ONE strike... this morning we're all packed up again ready to go and Brandon runs over Uncle Davi'd Pine Bush and Boulder in his drive way and totally jacked our bumper. There's strike TWO!

We drove the last 5 hours today. Here we are in Baker, California. Brandon was so excited because they have the biggest thermometer in the world.



Well this is only the beginning...we will have many more pictures- and I'm sure many more stories to come! What to do with Bran if he strikes out???

12 comments:

cherilyn said...

my favorite part of this post was "listened to people's conversations... then judged them." ha ha, you crack me up.

Michelle said...

Well if brandon strikes out, then he's out of the condo, that's for sure! I'm glad you guys made it even though it took 2 days!

Andrea Ingersoll said...

We totally judged those people...hahah. I'm glad you admitted that. Oh, did you copy my post. Weird...mine was posted like 1 minute before yours. COPY CAT!! Watching the RINGER with you guys is fun...

Stacey Sargent said...

haha i love that story...so funny! hope you have fun the rest of the time!

tiff and chris johnson said...

LINDS! Oh my gosh your life sounds as eventful as mine!! Haha I can't believe you keep running into everyone in my family- i'm totally jealous! Okay so my husband is from Newport and we are moving there in January! You will have to tell me how you like it, we have so much fun there! Call us if you guys need anything fun to do because we know lots of good places to eat and hang out :-) (Just for the record, you HAVE to get a Sprinkles cupcake...you will die). Hope I get to run into you soon! Have so much fun! xoxo

Thorntons said...

Oh my gosh I am peeing my pants I talked to Bran he didn't even say anything about your funny day! You guys look like your having fun reguardless I'm jealous! Have fun and be safe see you when you get back love you! By the way did you see the Bachelorette I am dying to talk to you about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was crazy!!!!!!!!! Call me ot text me so we can chat about it!!! If you didn't get to see it we recorded it you'll have to come watch it, but I gotta talk to you about it if you've seen it! Love you guys!!!! See you soon!

Woods said...

Oh wow, doesn't that kind of stuff always happen when you are going on a vacation? It makes a funny story for your blog. Hope you keep on having fun. No more strikes!

Britt said...

How funny! But you're right sometimes when things don't go as planned they can turn out to make the best of memories! I love that! and I have to say the "then we judged them" comment was golden!

tiff and chris johnson said...

ok it's right in newport off of avocado you can google it from your phone for the address. it's by fashion island mall. call us if you get lost! also wahoos fish tacos is a great restaurant if you guys are looking for a place to eat! here's my number if you guys want to call! 801-735-4763

tiff and chris johnson said...

Well Pumpkin is amazing but nothing compares to RED VELVET!! I certainly hope someone tried it :-) Chris has a job offer out there in January right after we graduate and have the baby! Such a crazy time of life but we are super excited. Where are you guys at right now? Are you graduated, working..what's happening. We need to see you more often! Come in to Nordstrom!

Jobi Niu said...

That sounds so eventful! I was laughing.. Your guys' trip looks like so much fun! Brandon's strikes.. ha ha. Your blog looks SOOOOO stinkin CUTE!

Jess, Spence, Brody and Liv said...

Hi! Just want to say HI! You guys are so cute!